Item-level metadata for selected Library of Congress collections of historical materials is available for harvesting using Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH) version 2.0. Available are records from selected collections presented online through American Memory, Global Gateway, the Prints & Photographs Division Online Catalog, and Chronicling America.
For an article about how and why the Library of Congress implemented OAI-PMH, see Available and Useful: OAI at the Library of Congress, 2003.
The baseURL for harvesting these records is http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/oai2_0. To learn more about the Open Archives Initiative (OAI) and the harvesting protocol, see www.openarchives.org (external link).
|| Records are harvestable as sets organized by content type ||
- Books (11 individual sets, combined set)
- Digitized collections (1 set)
- Ephemera, Pamphlets (1 set)
- Maps, Atlases (1 set)
- Photos (27 individual sets, combined set)
- Posters (2 individual sets, combined set)
- Other Still Visual (4 individual sets, combined set)
- Motion Pictures (1 set)
- Sheet Music (1 set)
- Digitized Collections (1 set)
- Serials (1 set)